Monday, June 9, 2008

He flipped me for real!

The kids went away thursday and came home sunday.I did a few fun things, a few practical ones. I got my tattoo recolored because my constant sunbathing had leeched the ink out of it.

Had lots of wine with my best friend who is always able to cheer me. For us it was a pretty tame night however at one point when I was out on my deck my golden retriever inexplicably decided to ram into me, effectively flipping me, I went over him in my high heels and somehow landed all of my weight on one knee and one cheeckbone. Fuck did that hurt! I have a nice bruise on my face too, so pretty.
It always feels so sordid when best friend sneaks out of my house for work and just leaves me a note. I asked her if it feels like a walk of shame and she said it does.

Did domestic chores saturday and also squeezed in trip to girl heaven, pocketbook store. Found a nice new scent by baby phat called Goddess and saw a summer straw bag that I adore, but it costs the same as two of my science textbooks so I had to leave the poor darling behind.I will miss you and think of you often.

I tackled my new weber grill with some nice applewood chips and made burgers for dinner.I am still not good at getting the coals to catch quickly enough as I am loathe to use lighter fluid. It makes food taste like shit and I refuse to use it!My grill my rules. By then Jefferson and Jordan were home and they caught me balling up coloring book pages and tossing them into grill. "No Mom don't burn Diego and Ninjae Turtles"..Whoops.

Then I started doing my homework which involved videos of the digestive tract, right after eating a big old cheeseburger..ugh, not a good idea.

No comments: