Sunday, April 13, 2008

Southern Comfort

I have an enormous crush on Jonathan Papelbon. His splitter makes my heart skip a beat! He is one of the most exiting closers I have ever seen.
I also dig that he is a southern boy, is six foot four and is happily weird and uninhibited. He even owns my favorite breed of dog.
I am not alone in my fascination of southern men. Here in Boston I take calls from customers all over the country. Nothing makes me happier than the syrupy sweet drawl of a southern man. They are all flirts too and seem to dig my horrible Bostonian accent.
Many other girls here at work say that the Southern and Texan customers are the most fun to talk to. Cowboys and men who wrestle alligators. Ain't life grand!
"Momma says alligators are ornery because they have all them teeth and no toothbrush!"
4/15/08 after harassing my local Dunkins every day for a week, I finally schmoozed the store manager into giving me the Papelbon poster they have up when the promotion is over. Being really persistant can really pay off!

1 comment:

Mr Anderson said...

Southern dudes know what's up. We know how to treat a woman. We say grace and we say ma'am and if you ain't into that we don't give a damn.

(We say ain't, too, but only casually.)