Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Daddy's ipod

Since I was very small I have been exposed to a lot of music. I remember hearing Stevie Wonder and Tom Waits and dancing with my little sister in the den. I have a huge interest in music and my stereo, ipod and even sometimes my record player are always running. I have a huge vinyl collection of cheesy 80's music.

I am very skatty and lose stuff all the time. I lost my ipod nano and was so bummed out. My dad gave me his ipod and it is preloaded with almost 2000 songs.
It has been so fun listening to it, his music choices are so similar to mine. The eclectic jumps we both take from Rage Against the Machine to Sublime to Bob Dylan, then the Beach Boys Pet sounds over to Rascal Flatts. I am always amazed when people dismiss and entire genre of music "Oh country sucks" because there are so many similar veins that tie the music together.

When I hear certain albums I am immediately transported back to the first time I heard it. Foreigner's waiting for a girl like you, I was in the bathtub playing with my sea wea dolls.
Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers...I remember listening to it as a toddler and playing with the real zipper on the album cover. I remember listening to Supertramp Breakfast in America on a big clunky 8 track. First kiss-Bullet the blue sky, lost virginity- The Cure Disintegration

I want to now set up an ipod swap program so I can hear other peoples life story broken into 3 minutes bites!

1 comment:

Kelly Marie said...

I cannot believe how many people lost their virginity listenng to the Cure!