Sunday, March 2, 2008

Trapper Keepers...Garanimals..Bonnie Bell..oldies but goodies


So they do not sell trapper keepers anymore. I had my husband looking all over the metro west for me. So how do I keep all my handouts from my classes from falling out of my notebook? Besides buying a helper who would carry my stuff for me, I can't afford an assistant right now.

Conversely Walmart has brought back Garanimals. The cute and affordable kids clothing that all matches so your kids can dress themselves without looking like a street urchin, or if you are my age like Cindi Lauper.They still sell Bonnie Bell lip smackers in Dr Pepper flavor and Sun-in, in case you want your hair to have that special apricot yellow tone. Lee press on nails..still on the market..tried them and they still suck. One popped off into a pot of food I was cooking. The recipe did not call for superglue and acrylic unfortunately. Aquanet still on the market but smells so gross I could not bring myself to try it for nostalgia's sake. Plus that crispy garden weasel bang look...I do not have the hair to spare.

Lastly the leg warmer, the often maligned but functional leg covering. When shoveling snow yesterday I wished I had some so I could keep the snow from sneaking into my book and getting my pants all wet.
Sigh, I guess I can tuck in on my couch with some cheesy John Hughs confection and pretend it is 1983.
Update, thanks to my coworker Liz.. I know there are trapper keepers and reasonable facsimiles available. Bought a nice blue zip up one yesterday.

1 comment:

original_bostongirl said...

This brought back some interesting, yet "oldish" feeling memories! Your blogs are refreshing none-the-less!