Sunday, March 30, 2008

The little things, Hot Cheese Popcorn, beastie boys

In stressful times I have noticed that time seems to slow down..it makes me more aware (usually painfully) of my surroundings. It also makes me notice and appreciate the simple pleasures in day to day life.

I had a moment today, in my tanning bed with the radio blaring....I'll Wait by Van Halen came on and I was suddenly 17 and having that surge of pleasure that cheesy rock used to bring me. Have not heard that song in years...I held on to that for the whole song, that pleasure.

When I got back to work my coworker Iris had bought me a gift...Wise Hot cheese popcorn. She and I share a passion for all things with hot sauce on them. Kinda hard to have a bad day with Tabasco flavored popcorn on your desk.

The other Moment was Friday driving home from seeing my dad, I am bobbing my head to the Beastie boys and I look in my rear view mirror to see Jordan my two year old smiling at me, bobbing her head in perfect tune to the music. Sharing that moment was bliss! I have the coolest fucking kids ever.

No comments: