Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Points to ponder..aging gracefully

My plastic surgeon just sent me a coupon for botox. I have never done botox and I assume there are people who have it done and look great, so we never know.

Then there are trolls like Janice Dickenson who look franken-frightning. I was out to dinner with my Mom in Boston and I saw a lady in her 50's who had the strange frozen blank look AND some really scary lip augmentation. Yucko. Holding on grimly to faded youth.

Personally I think Diane Lane is my idol for aging gracefully, she has cute laugh lines and is still sexy.I like laugh lines and a few crinkles, proves you laugh enough.

Unless you really do look like Demi Moore here are some simple rules to follow for Mom's.

Do not wear denim mini skirts..ever..ever

if you have seem Pam Anderson wearing it, its not for you (sometimes it's not for her either)

Unless it is a sweatsuit do not ever borrow your daughters clothing. It weirds her out.

last one was very hard for me, no denim cutoff shorts. I am perpetually stuck in the 80's but it is still not a good look.

listen to your friends...they do not want you to look stupid.

No comments: