Sunday, March 9, 2008

Cafe Italiano.....review

Carole and I ate at Cafe Italiano in Hopkinton last night. It used to be O'Toole's which was a great pub style family restaurant where my kids were welcome and you could get a decent burger for an affordable price.

I love Italian food so I was willing to keep an open mind about the new ownership and menu. We were seated promptly but waited an absurdly long time for our wine. We then waited a long time for our appetizer but it was delicious. Frisee, charcoal grilled calamari shrimp and mussels with a few mushrooms and olives and heart of palm.


I ordered the trout which was also wonderful in it's simplicity.It had an olive oil marinade and was dressed with some chopped tomatoes.


I enjoyed the food and the lovely Italian opera music and of course the company of Carole. The wine was just OK..a California Merlot. The prices and the very long delays made this a bit of a disappointment.

No comments: