Monday, July 14, 2008

Esse es percipi?

Nah, that's bullshit. People perceive what they want to perceive. They drag in all of their own burdens and prejudices. They also sometimes attach wonderful attributes that are totally undeserved. It can make the fall from the pedestal very hard indeed.

I find that some of the people who tell me they are very good at reading people are the least perceptive of all.Most people are complex, especially the ones that crow about how simple they are.If a girl tells you she is simple, run! She thinks she is simple but she is a giant pain in the ass.

Some work hard at exuding a personae, some people never think about such things.A good friend of mine teases me for being so optimistic all the time about people.When I get upset about common sense not being used he says, "Kelly why the hell do you assume people have common sense?" I have no idea why, but I do believe this. I slap this baggage of my own on to others. I believe that people will rise to the occasion when they are given the hope and the chance. I prefer to be disappointed on occasion and give people the benefit of the doubt.

No comments: