Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Questions with no answers

Lately my son has been bombarding me with strange questions that have no real answers. I feel like I am back in High School miserably failing my math class while everyone else seems to know the answers.

Mom, who is the good guy, the moon or the sun? Is the ice a good guy or a bad guy? Mom does the snow get mad at the sun? Does the snow hate the rain? My son is preoccupied with two things...good guys vs bad guys and anything weather related. I am torn between nudging him toward reality and fostering his imagination.

When he is scolding me now he calls me a snowball or a hotdog. Unfortunately for my husband when he is mad at his Dad he calls him a peckerhead. (Yes I am laughing right now).

The other thing he is doing which is adorable is giving endearing names to objects. It is cute when my five year old son says about my broken printer "Mom is printy feeling sick?"...however it is annoying when Rachel Ray gives endearing nicknames to her food evoo and sammies anyone? It always makes me wonder if she gives her private parts little nicknames too. Maybe it is just me....

No comments: