Friday, January 11, 2008

A perfect Day...if you are not a Mom you may be bored reading this.

Yesterday my kids were gone for the day and I had the day off from work. I daydreamed endlessly about what I would do with myself for 7 hours with no cares in the world.

I went for the first time to the Framingham State Campus and got my parking sticker and wandered around. To me this is a big campus, back when I was in college my graduating class was only 54 people! The kids walking around were all very young looking but I will be taking my classes at night so I imagine their will be some people my age.

Then I had a mani and pedi while drinking an iced coffee....wonderfully relaxing and now pretty pink toes and fingers.

Went to the mall and drank a hot beverage while I browsed and people watched. Still annoyingly difficult to find petite pants that do not have to be hemmed...oh well not going to let that bother me on my perfect day.

Came home put on sweats and had a glass of Chardonnay (to counteract the coffee overload) and watched some more iron chef.

I was refreshed and happy to see my smiling children when they shouted MOM with glee as they came home. Being a Mom rocks when you are well rested and indulgent once in a while. It reminds me of a quote by Machiavelli "Benefits should be conferred gradually; and in that way they will taste better."

1 comment:

Kelly Marie said...

For the record there is only one Dude in my class that is older than me...I better get some botox.