Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Pilgrims would laugh at us

The economy is in the shitter. I cant afford my 5000sq foot home anymore. Waaaah! when did Americans become such a bunch of pampered pussies? We used to be goddamn pilgrims! We started the chain of natural selection here with some of the toughest bastards from England. We survived winters in America with very little food and freezing cold weather.

Now we cant function without our creature comforts and our taken for granted technology.I cant make it through Boston without my Gamin and I'm horrified when my phone loses its charge! God forbid I go a day without sending 100 texts to my friends.

This immediate gratification and pussification is killing us. We need to appreciate what we have more and get back to doing actual labor. I worry how dependant out kids are on technology and what that will mean for them later.

I think I may join Daryl Hannah and just live in a tee pee for a while.

2 comments:

C: said...

"Pussification!"
You rock, Kel.

Kelly Marie said...

Im vulgar, not sure if I rock but thank you.